Bye Bye B.O., Hello Natural Deodorant!
When I was growing up I used to sweat...like crazy sweat. My clothes would always have moist armpits and I was so self conscious about how it looked, if I smelled, and it made me run to the drugstore to pick up the 'clinical strength' anti-perspirant. I even tried using a product called DrySol that burned like the 'bejeebers' and who knows if I was causing any long term damage to my health. It did stop the sweat for a short while but then as with anything, my moist armpits came back.
As I got older, I started to sweat less, but still relied on my anti-perspirant, mostly out of habit. As they say with age comes wisdom. Wisdom, is something you earn and it got me to think about all the chemicals around me, in the air, on my food, what I was putting in and on my body. So, one of the easy things to change on my road to a more aware and better self, was to switch to a natural deodorant. What I found was, I didn't miss my anti-perspirant, I liked how gentle the natural deodorant was on my skin, and best of all I still smelled good with no body odor to offend anyone.
Benefits of Natural Deodorant
- Natural aroma: Unlike many natural deodorants that use essential oils to add an aroma to products, many conventional deodorants use fragrances. A blanket term for a range of chemicals, “fragrances” can cause allergies, organ system toxicity and irritation.
- No yellow stains: The aluminum in some deodorants can cause the underarm fabric on your clothes to turn yellow after prolonged use. Natural deodorants should wash out easily.
- Cruelty-free: Because many of the ingredients lack synthetic chemicals, natural deodorants are typically not tested on animals. Be sure to double-check each company you’re buying from to make sure they are committed to cruelty-free production.
- Less underarm irritation: While many conventional deodorants can clog your pores and cause discomfort, natural deodorant can actually make your skin softer and smoother.
- Essential oils: Most essential oil enthusiasts are aware of the superior aroma of essential oils, compared to fragrance oils. Essential oils have rich aromas that cannot be replicated synthetically. Make sure to read all the ingredients in essential oil deodorants to make sure the company uses 100% pure essential oils.
- Detox: Instead of conventional deodorants clogging your pores to prevent sweating, natural deodorants allow some perspiration so your body can get rid of toxins.
- Plastic Free: At Hunni-Bunni.com we only source natural deodorants that are packaged in non-plastic packaging. Why go with a natural product, if all you are going to do is pollute the world with its container? My sweaty armpits may have gone away, but plastic doesn't, so remember that when purchasing your next beauty or wellness product!